Friday, September 22, 2006

Unforseen Expense

So much for getting by on £10 this week.

Had a big problem yesterday with my laptop. It seemed to forget that the network card and sound card, amongst others, existed. After trying various things to fix it, I reached for my pile of CDs to find that the XP install disk wasn't there.

So I went home to get it.

Left at about 2, got home by 4.40, not bad going. Picked up the CD from my parents, sorted my laptop, and spent the evening with my girlfriend - she got a bit of a surprise when I called her, was great to see her though, even if it was less than a week since I left.

I stayed overnight at my parents, was originally going to drive back at about 11pm. Didn't feel like my home anymore, felt a bit weird.

But discounting the £38 for petrol and £7 for the M6 toll, I've still only spent about £8

No comments: